Sunday, April 5, 2015

MOviNg On a ClouD

The music is deafening, The crowd is rumbling, and the bleachers are bouncing.
 My blood is pumping and my horse gets antsy.
Up next is Nicole Rindlisbacher, and all I can hear is my horse's heartbeat. I close my eyes and steadily lean forward.
I burst through the gates and push upward. The crowd is cheering, we get around first barrel.
 Kick, kick, kick, we are off to the 2cd.
All clear, I kiss at her towards third.
We spin around it and leave it all behind as we gallop tossing dirt behind us leaving no room for mistakes. It felt like slow motion as we ran, every muscle underneath reaching, breath by breath, I was moving on a cloud.
I passed the Finnish line, trying to catch my breath...her trying to slow down and all at once I heard my name announced as the new fastest time of the night. I couldn't believe it!!
My little red horse beat the impossible. No one thought she had it in her, no one thought she could beat all those tall, highly ranked champions, but she did. She proved them all wrong, and that's the night our journey began.
That night, my little red horse made history, and showed me that it's not about how big you are, but how big your heart is. 









No comments:

Post a Comment