Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Dear shadow...

Dear shadow,
You follow me step by step through happiness and sorrow.
        You see my lowest moments, the ones im in my darkest place, but you also see the most brilliant glimpses of life.

You know my deepest secrets...and I know yours.

              You are my enemy at night, and my hero in the light.
I seep through the walls of everlasting failure, hope, and future to succeed to my very best...proving those who wronged me. proving those who gave up on me, and you were there each day by my side.

                               Dear shadow,
  You were there that night my uncle shot himself, and the day I watched my grandma take her last breath. You were there when I got cut from that team, watched those dumb YouTube videos for hours....
                         when I got my braces off and that dang dentist cut me up with that drill. You were there when I got that job interview, watched my heart get broken, go to that dance party, and oh boy, how you showed me the dance moves.                                                    You were there when I took my first steps, and when I will take my last.

You were there when no one else was...when no one else was. You are my shadow.

 

3 comments:

  1. I love this concept. it's mysterious and brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  2. k to be honest i freaked when i saw you posted this cause i feel like ive waited forever to find out who you are. and i still can't wait. but even though i still don't know, this post was incredible! the part about your deepest secrets and shadows. love. love. love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved the topic and how deep it got! I can't pick out one sentence I loved because I literally loved it all!!!

    ReplyDelete