Sunday, April 26, 2015

pizza and puppets

 They  say being a teenager is just a small piece of life's pizza. They also say that pizza is something we can all enjoy if we choose to.  But what if I told you I don't like pepperonis on my pizza. I don't even like pizza sauce nor do I like all those veggies or  Bacon either. Rather, I'd eat a big bowl of pasta filled with chicken and creamy sauce and I still think about why being a teenager is so hard. I'm not good enough but apparently he is. I'll never be fit for a 4.0, or a full ride scholarship to yale instead a full ride scholarship to jail, wait no I'm not that kind of person.  I always promised myself I'll stay out of trouble, but  you told me to follow in your footsteps, and that's all I'm doing. I always looked up to you, but I think now you're looking up to me more. I didn't know how hard life's challenges  wrapped around your arms and carried you in,  but instead of fighting back you let those arms manipulate you and treat you like a puppet. I don't want my life to reflect on a string and have my arms waving helplessly, I don't want to be a puppet, I don't want to be you.
Image result for walk away

20121012-ted-ed-pizza-puppets-math-physics.jpg

1 comment:

  1. wow. this rang so true. and that last phrase was powerful.

    ReplyDelete